Ok, first off my Mom is determined to get something for my brother and myself to make up for all the times she couldn't in the last few years. We tried to talk her out of it but she's determined so we caved and picked out something. My brother picked an acoustic guitar and I picked a treadmill. We spent a large portion of today in the town where my hubby works. It's an hour away from home but has a music store. I won't shop in the one in our town but that's a story for another day. ANYWAY, we finally found one and I think he's going to love it.
While running around I stopped at the comic book shop my hubby loves. Our 3 year wedding anniversary is tomorrow and I wanted to get him something. He'd surprised me a few days ago with this:
I've been wanting to see this so bad but there was no way because we don't have cable tv much less HBO. I've only gotten to see the first episode so far but I love it. He picked out something and ordered it as a combo anniversary/Father's day present but that's just not the same as me getting him something. I had $30 left so I got him this:
Goofy man that he is, he guessed it without any clues! I have never went to the comic book store without him and it's probably been a year to two years since I've been in there at all. I decided to get this today so it's not like I'd looked it up online or anything. I just knew he'd love it. He did :) I don't know how he does that but I still loves him so much anyway. We played Heartless Zombie Munchkins with me, him, and our daughter. He was, of course, the Munchkin King. I did well on his present.
I think I've made up for my lately lacking in geekiness today. We have lots of errands to run tomorrow (Ugh... DMV) and hopefully it won't take all day. We're going to go get the treadmill and put it together tomorrow. Guess I'd better get some sleep. I can't believe it's been 3 years already. I love him so much.

No comments:
Post a Comment