Wow it's been a busy couple of days! We got Mom's stuff unloaded and got her settled in on Friday. Poor hubby had worked 13 hour days for 5 out of the last 6 days and then had to move stuff all day Friday. Have I mentioned before that my hubby is AWESOME! THEN on Saturday we had to drive 3 hours away to meet my ex-husband with my son for his 2 week summer visit. I've been trying to have my little Jedi learn some responsibility so he's been packing his own luggage for the last year when we go on trips. He's done pretty well. However I normally pack the car. Well we got 10 min away from out meet point (3 hours from home!) and realized that he didn't put the suitcase in the car. You know, the suitcase packed with enough clothes to last 2 whole weeks.... So a trip to Wally World and a $130 bite out of my wallet later I hugged him goodbye. I hate these long visits b/c I miss him so bad but I'm glad he gets to spend time with his Dad. He lives about 7 hours away so visits are going to be few and far between now that Mom doesn't live down there anymore.
I'm glad things have settled back down now. With all of the missing luggage drama, we forgot to eat lunch yesterday and ended up getting takeout chinese for dinner last night. Challenge FAIL. I'm tellin ya, life always gets in the way when I try to do a challenge. Mom wanted General Tsos Chicken so I split a combo plate with her. I have some pork chops thawed so I'm deff cooking tonight. Today will be a rest day except for cooking and picking up the living room though. Hubby has to go back to work tomorrow, it rained again so can't cut the grass, and we all need a break.
At one point Friday, we had 5 dogs and one cat in my house.... That's right FIVE dogs. I have a mini Schnauzer, Mom has a Pomeranian, I'm dog sitting my SIL's Corgi mix and toy poodle, and my Aunt brought her wiener dog. Chaos ensued and hubby survived and didn't even kill any of the animals for peeing on the carpet :)

No comments:
Post a Comment