Sunday, July 15, 2012

Ka is a Wheel

Everyone who knows me, knows that I'm a huge fan of Stephen King. Especially of the Dark Tower novels. I first read The Gunslinger when I was 13 years old. That was the year I discovered Stephen King and J.R.R. Tolken. I faced down the IT in the sewers of Derry, Maine and I also faced Shelob in the caves with Samwise. Oh to go back and read those stories with fresh eyes... But I digress.

I have been a bit afraid to read the new Dark Tower novel, The Wind Through The Keyhole, because I'd heard it was similar to Wizards and Glass. My son wants to read it so I got it from the Library yesterday.


I was so wrong. I finished reading it just a few minutes ago. I am sure that it will be the first of many times. I go back and re-read the 7 DT books about once a year. I'm going to buy a copy of this as soon as I can. I'll have 8 Dark Tower books to read from now on.

I also got a copy of 11/22/63 since I hadn't read that either. I used to buy his books as soon as they came out but the last few years I haven't been reading as much as I used to. Too many other hobbies. That does make me kinda sad from time to time and I go on a reading binge for a few weeks.

Ka is a Wheel and I always come back to reading no matter where my interests lead me. It has been one of my greatest joys and has, many times, been my salvation. I'm so happy that both of my children love to read, although neither as much as I did at their age.

Do you have a series or a book that you read over and over again?

No comments:

Post a Comment