I've been on a bit of a creativity streak for the last few days. I came across this video awhile back on YouTube but I couldn't crochet at the time. I decided to give it a shot. I've still only crocheted some trim on something so this was my first big project. I've had some Tardis Blue yarn laying around so I decided to use it. The yarn is thinner than what she'd used so the hat turned out to be too small. I gave it to my daughter and she loves it. This girl loves hats and man can she rock 'em.
![]() |
| This is her "serious" model look |
Yesterday I got this really cool looking yarn from Michaels. The color was called "Toadstool". I thought that was pretty neat since these hats do kinda look like mushrooms. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how it turned out. I think it fits my daughter much better than me though. Her birthday is coming up so I may knit her a scarf with the other ball of yarn, if I have time, and give it to her then. I'll probably make me one in white or something more suitable to an old lady like me :) I call this one my Hippie Hat.
![]() |
| Much more natural here |
I have GOT to finish my SIL's baby blanket! I still have one more color to add after the tan. I finally took a picture of it while I was taking pics of the hats.
I also have to make a hat for my brother and 2 for my nephew. They're coming up to visit this weekend. I promised him I'd make him an Atlanta Falcons hat. I made it awhile back but it turned out too small so I gave that one to my cousin and I'm starting his over. My Mom is worried I won't have it finished but I work well under pressure. I promised my nephew a football hat and a Yoda hat. I made the football one on the loom but it's WAY too big for him.
The dieting is going well. I am debating starting another blog to just talk about that. I'm not sure yet. I got very involved with blogging a few years ago when I was losing weight and it did help me to stay on track. I started using My Fitness Pal to track my food a few days ago based on the recommendation of a few friends. It's pretty cool. It's a little easier to track than SparkPeople was. I loved SparkPeople but it was so easy to get caught up in all the information and stuff to read. I'd log on to track and sit there for 2 hours reading articles. I've been walking on the treadmill and I'm eating better. Maybe a new blog or maybe not. I don't think anyone reads any of these anyway but I like writing :)



No comments:
Post a Comment