Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Prezzies for the Teacher and Knitting Goodness

This is the last week of school for my kids and that means Teacher Gift for Leia's teacher. She was wonderful so I wanted to do something a little more special than the typical gift card or apple themed item. I found this on Pinterest and loved it.


This was my version that we made for her teacher:


My SIL is expecting so I'm working on a few projects for her. One item is this little turtle photo prop for newborn babies.


Now I can't crochet so I spent a whole day experimenting to see if I could do it by knitting. What I ended up doing was to knit the little green circles and learn some simple crochet to do the brown and outer green of the shell. All things considered I think it turned out pretty well. Excuse the pics. I still have to make the hat to match..



Well that's some of what I've been up to this week. There are a few other things I'm working on but I don't have pictures yet.

2 comments:

  1. I really love the teacher gift. It's different than most, creative, and useful at the same time! You should think about starting a little booth with your crafts as they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I've thought about doing pillowcase dresses and hats & scarves in the local school colors but I'd have to buy all the stuff up front.

    ReplyDelete