Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Crafting Goals - 2014



I've been thinking over it the last few days and have decided on a few of my goals for this year. I may add to this list later though. Right now I'm kinda burnt out on knitting so I may add a few other knitting goals later :)

  1. Learn to spin Yarn. I'd love to get a spinning wheel but that's way out of my price range. The one I want is pictured below. It's the Schacht LadyBug and is around $600. I'm going to start with handspinning on a spindle. I got the kit below and Craftsy class that goes with it. I also bought the E-book below and it's been pretty informative. I'm waiting to start until after I finish hubby and my son's Christmas socks though.
  2. I want to knit 12 pairs of socks this year. Most people are doing 14 because it's 2014 but I want to just try for a pair a month so I can knit other things as well. I'm loving socks and I don't want to get burnt out on them.
  3. I'd like to knit a sweater for either myself or my daughter. This was on my list last year
  4. I want to learn to sew zippered project bags. I want to make something like this zippered box bag.
  5. Hmmm... I'll have to come back and edit for the 5th one.
I don't think I want to knit Christmas presents again unless it's only for just a few people. I think I'm going to limit it to those people I may have bought a gift for prior to learning to knit. Maybe it'll be some of the socks in my crafting goal... Nah, I'm greedy and want those for myself! Hee Hee :) It's too time consuming and there are other things I'd like to knit for myself and my family.

Well I've had a splitting headache for the last two days so I'm going to hunt down some sinus meds to see if that will help. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas :)

1 comment:

  1. All very reasonable goals!! I have a ladybug and I love it so much!!! I've only sewn basic draw string project bags and one boxed bag. But I've been wanting to make that triangular one forever!!

    ReplyDelete