- I WILL learn how to knit socks. I've knitted Four full pairs since June and am almost finished with the Fifth. I'm in love with socks!
- I want to knit or crochet a sweater AND a shawl for myself this
year. I didn't really manage to make either of these for myself this year. HOWEVER I did knit two baby sweaters and two beautiful shawls for other people :)
- I'd like to start using and stashing better quality yarns and using
natural fibers rather than just acrylic. I will get at least one skein of Nerd Girl Yarn. I got a bunch of Madeline Tosh Vintage along with a good bit of Knit Picks Stroll, Imagination, and Chroma in Fingering weight. I also got two pretty skeins for hubby and son's Christmas socks. These aren't finished yet though.I didn't manage to get the Nerd Girl yarn because I couldn't afford it.
- Make something for my son. I made him a hat and pair of gloves in his school colors. He's already managed to lose the gloves. The blue and black yarn above is for his socks but I haven't been able to start them yet.
- Complete sewing the quilt top (at minimum) that I started two years ago. This was a total no-go this year. I spent a ton of time sewing project bags and purses though. I'm not stressed over not doing this one because of the amount of sewing I did this year. This is one I made with inside pouches to hold sock yarn.
Sunday, December 29, 2013
Crafting Goals - End of the Year 2013
I don't like New Years Resolutions. They always seem to be something that we don't really want to do but should be doing. I think using something like this for a resolution is setting yourself up for failure. I prefer to do something positive. I have weight and self-esteem issues so I don't do weight loss or exercise resolutions anymore. Last year I set Crafting Goals for the year and I'd like to do a post on how that turned out :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment