I'd originally planned my next post to revolve arround the projects that I'm working on. Yea..... Not so much. There will be pictures of some very pretty things I've made but several are from my cell phone since I haven't had a chance to go outside and take pictures. I'm actually posting this on hubby's tablet because I can't even go downstairs at the moment to use the computer.
About 3 weeks ago I fell down our front porch steps. I caught myself on the last step before I face planted but I managed to trap my foot under me with all of my roughly 280 lbs on my foot and knee. My foot was hyperextended under me. I didn't go to the doctor because we determined that it wasn't broken and there's nothing the doctor can do for micro-tears in the ligaments. The first two weeks were pretty painful. According to my RN hubby it will take about 6 months to heal. FYI our house has three sets of stairs including the ones up to the front porch. Inside there are steps going down to the kitchen, half bath, & laundryand steps going upstairs where the bedrooms & two full bathrooms are.
Two days ago I fell on the kitchen stairs and landed on the knee that was already hurt. It's been very tender. Today I HAD to go grocery shopping. I only got what we had to have but when I stepped down the first step into the kitchen with some grocery bags, my knee gave out and felt like it was being ripped into. Hubby's worried that I may have torn a ligament. I used his cane and came upstairs for the rest of the day. It isn't too bad except when my knee is bent at a certain angle. The Alieve helped a lot. We're going to wait a few days to see how it does before I go to the doctor.
It's going to be months before I can exercise at all. Hubby is extremely concerned right now about my weight because of the injury. He said if I tore the ligament in my knee that I'll probably have to have surgery and that I HAVE to lose weight NOW because it's going to keep me from healing even if there's no sugery. I can't drive right now. I can barely go down to the kitchen right now. I'm going to start doing the slimfast thing and try to get some weight off pretty quickly in the only way I can. We decided that I can lift weights from a sitting position so I'm going to do that to build some muscle mass to increase my metabolism. This sucks but it is what it is. I'm going to be stuck in my bedroom a lot because it's the only place where I don't have to use stairs to go to the bathroom. I'll stay inthe living room when the kids are home regardless.
There will probably be lots of knitting thanks to this though. I was going to post some pictures of what I've made since my last post but I can't get them to upload from hubby's tablet. That'll have to wait till I can hobble down to the desktop. LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment