Well I pretty much forgot about my little blog. Not for lack of crafting though :) My laptop crashed awhile back so I haven't been on the net much. School starts tomorrow so I didn't have to fight my munchkins off the desktop to use it. I saw the little
BLOG Button on my favorites bar and thought I may just need to do an update post.
Lots has went on this year. Some good and some bad but lots of good craftyness.
I did knit my first pair of socks! YAY!!!! They'll be a Christmas present for my Mom. She already knows about them though. I've just dyed some yarn to be self-striping and am working on my second pair right now. These will have afterthought heels since I want to try something new.
 |
| Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in Kindling |
 |
| Knit Picks Bare Stroll dyed with Wilton Sky Blue, Violet, and Leaf Green |
I also have knit a full shawl but I don't have a finished photo of it. I do have a picture of my partially done Hitchhiker shawl. I call it my Dragon's Sweet Tooth. LOL. It's made from sugarcane yarn and was started on Dragon Appreciation Day. I haven't knit an adult sized sweater but I did knit this cute sweater set for one of hubby's coworkers for her new baby. I'm waiting on the yarn to make one per request of another coworker for her granddaughter.
 |
| Knit Picks Stroll Hand Paints in Cartoon |
|
 |
| I love this pattern. It's called Vertebrae. The sweater won't get dirty
if the baby spits up or get worn out when baby is crawling everywhere. |
 |
| I love this hat. It was a booger to make. There are beautiful cables (another 1st that I had on my must do list this year) but you can't really see them because of the variegated yarn. Still love it because it's so stretch and will fit newborn to over a year old. |
|
Another item knocked off of my list is this hat I knitted for my son. He wanted plain black stockinette with just a little red since it's his favorite color
 |
| Madeline Tosh Vintage in Granite and Tart |
 |
| My almost 16 year old |
I've gotten a head start on my Christmas knitting. I'm posting pictures but nobody knows who's getting what. Especially since I only got a little blue yarn and EVERYONE put blue as one of their three favorite colors! I am so in love with this yarn and this cowl and mitten set. I want to keep them for myself!!! I never saw myself as a cowl person but gosh I love this thing!
 |
| Madeline Tosh Vintage Filigree |
I haven't worked on my quilt at all. However I have made a bunch of knitting project bags. I'll have to get some pictures of those. I want to buy the adult size pattern for the Vertebrae sweater and make one for myself. That'll have to wait awhile though.
I also have to post this. I took pictures of my son and his girlfriend at Prom this year and I have to share those! I'm proud of my good looking man and I think I did a pretty good job on the pictures too!
 |
| Timeline Covers for their Facebook Pages |
 |
| Cover for his FB page |
 |
| Love this one. It looks all 50's movie star to me |
 |
| A little hint of a real smile from him. That's hard to get |
 |
| Real smiles :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment