Saturday, January 5, 2013

Goals for 2013



I've decided to set some crafting goals for 2013. I started off this year knitting and ended up crocheting a ton. Learning to crochet was one of my previous goals so that was awesome. There are a few things I've been wanting to do that keep getting put on the back burner though. I'd like to make this a priority in 2013.

  1. I WILL learn how to knit socks! I've been wanting to learn to knit socks since I first picked up the needles this time last year. I got a gift cert to Hobby Lobby for Christmas and went and picked up a sock loom last night and cast on my first pair.
  2. I want to knit or crochet a sweater AND a shawl for myself this year. I make a lot of things for other people but only two hats and a pair of gloves for myself in the last year. 
  3. I'd like to start using and stashing better quality yarns and using natural fibers rather than just acrylic. I put a lot of time into making things and am getting more skilled. I should have quality of fiber as well. I will get at least one skein of Nerd Girl Yarn.
  4. Make something for my son. He gets left out a lot because of being a teenage boy and not really wearing much knitwear. I'd like to make him something Star Wars related this year.
  5. Complete sewing the quilt top (at minimum) that I started two years ago. I have all the pieces cut and many are partially sewn. I want to finish a beautiful quilt even if it's the only one I ever make. My great grandmother and mother quilted. I want to make one too.
There's many more things I'd love to do but I want to do these 5 things for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment